A quick look at what guest blogging is all about for those who might not be familiar with the concept. Many bloggers and blogs offer others a way to use their platform to showcase their blogging abilities in the form of a guest post. This helps both the host and the guest in various ways. The host benefits from having good content and promotion taken care of by the guest. The guest benefits from having access to the larger readership of the guest, and the endorsement of his writing by the more reputed blog or blogger. To learn more about how guest blogging works, read my post on Guest Blogging.
I appreciate your interest in writing a guest post for Subho's Jejune Diet. We look forward to strengthening the network of bloggers who promote minimalism, frugality, simplicity and value creation.
Please go through the guidelines below before you make a submission in order to speed things up and avoid rejections.
1. All submissions needs to be original material. By submitting a guest post, you agree that it is your own work, and it will not be published anywhere else, including on your own blogs or websites. If you wish to submit a post that is already published on your blog or website, you may want to consider an article swap. You can send your submissions by writing in to me at subhorup(at)gmail(dot)com. Please mention "guest post:your name" in the subject line for guest posts, and "article trade:your name" for article swaps.
2. All submissions need to conform to the values of this blog - doing good, helping others, spreading happiness, and preserving the future of our civilization, society, and planet.
3. All submissions need to be either in Word or plain text formats. You may use html for links or leave the links in a bracket just after the text you want to use as link text. Do not use bold fonts in your text. However, you can use bold font for your headings.
4. I will edit your work if required for better readability and fit with the tone and purpose of Subho's Jejune Diet. Submissions that require significant changes will be returned to the author with suggestions, after which they can be resubmitted.
5. Please proofread your submissions before sending them. While I will be happy to help out with some editing, making sure that your post is spellchecked, grammatically intact, and reads well is your responsibility.
6. Length of submissions need to be between 600 and 1500 words. Longer submissions may be considered if they are appropriate.
7. Include a short bio of yourself in less than 30 words.
8. You may include one non-copyright hi res image (please resize to about 600X400 pixels) if you want. If the photograph is taken by you, please mention it in your mail to me. Please send as attachment and not as an insertion in the document.
9. Topics: You can write on anything that fits in with the concept of personal development and social good. Subho's Jejune Diet started out as a catch all for my personal thoughts and opinions on ethical lifestyles, and will continue to remain the same. If you have been around the blog, you will know the general trend on these pages. If you feel your post fits, send it in.