Thank You, Frailty! Thank You, Consequence!

This is a quick post to express my gratitude to all of you who keep visiting, discussing and sharing what I put out here. I know I often fail to live up to my expectations in terms of what I would like my writing to communicate, and you not only put up with me, but actually encourage me and motivate me to become all that I was meant to be. Your compassion and concern, like terror, like silence, are good teachers. I strive to be a good student each moment.

This blog crossed 50,000 total page views last week. For me this is a major milestone. It now has an Indirank of 85, Mozrank of 3.92, and an Alexa rank of 228K. This Indirank puts SJD in the top 500 ranked blogs on Indiblogger. This blog is also listed in the extremely well-curated top 500 directory at Indian Top Blogs, and it is an honor to share that space with some of the biggest achievers from various fields. The only reason that this has been possible is you.


All of this recent growth has been organic as I realized over the last few months that my focus on promoting the blog was sometimes detracting from the quality of communication that I would like to put out. I was a little insecure that it would impact the level of engagement but you have proved me wrong.


For those of you who are not subscribed to this blog and follow it from my updates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or other platforms, may I invite you to join the Facebook page, where I will not only be sharing updates from all of my blogs, but also relevant food for thought from across the web. With a large number of writers and bloggers in my network, I often feel overwhelmed by invites to like pages on Facebook, so I will not pester you with a like request, but you can join it from the link here. Click here to join and like the Subho’s Jejune Diet Facebook Page.

Some of you may also be interested in the SJD Widget, a small toolbar app that lets you connect with this blog and me easily and quickly. Read more about it in my post - Subho's Little Helper.

Please keep your love and support flowing, since at the end of the day, that is how I know that I am not alone in fighting the demons that we have created with our ignorance, our greed and our thoughtlessness.

Before I sign out, here is a small gift.A lovely song by a lovely thinker. Yes, that is where the title of the post and some of the references are taken from. Enjoy!


21 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:09 AM

    Congrats for your achievement. Your blog is becoming good everyday.Thank You song is absolutely suiting you and the people who are reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow congratulations :) I love the way you write and that is what draws me here. Many a times I may not comment but I am reading you posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vinita. I cherish your comments since I know that they come in only after deep reflection. I enjoy what you write too.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Subhorup :) you made my day..was feeling a bit low....

      Delete
  3. That is wonderful! Congrats on all the achievements!

    Quality of content is what keeps readers coming back. Efforts at promotion would help connect with new readers. What, in your experience, has helped you most in attracting new readers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to put out the best that I can come up with has always been there, Shankari, but it was not until I started networking with others who are trying to do the same thing as me and starting a dialog with them, both on and off their and my blogs, that new readers began to show up. Of course, Indiblogger and Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn also helped.

      Delete
  4. Many Congratulations dear....
    i am glad to be connected with you n your blog, all these mile stones you mentioned does inspire to do better n better....
    keep blogging...cheers...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Irfan. These are minor milestones in the world of blogging, but like you said, they are inspiration for me to try and reach the levels of the blogs that I look up to. Getting there. Getting there.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations and all the best for the one lakh hits soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Subhorup! May you reach many more milestones! I do enjoy your posts. Keep them coming :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well deserved. More power to your pen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been a great journey together and my life is all the better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey congrats Subho! Here's wishing you more...success, health, happiness:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heartiest congratulations Sir. Your blog deserves it all, As i have said a lot many times , Its my luck i came over here. get to learn a lot of things each time ..

    Congrats once again.

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations Subhu .. your blog deserved it !

    ReplyDelete

Dialog is the path to peace, and this blog is all about dialog, peace and love. Go ahead and join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...