Sundays Are What You Make Of Them

In the mad rush to have more and do more, we often fail to attend to our real purpose, to be all that we were meant to be. Our greed, our willful ignorance and our insecurities keep us from listening to our hearts and choosing the path that will bring the greatest good to the greatest number. There is no best time to see if you can listen to that calling but I have found that Sunday mornings tend to have that stillness that lets you hear it a little more clearly.


I wrote a guest post on what Sundays mean for me over at A-Musing, one of the wittiest blogs ever. Do take a look and let me know what you think.

Read the whole post over at A-Musing>>

14 comments:

  1. hey Subhorup..blog hopped here from Purba's blog. I loved your post and am following you now :) Have left a comment there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome to SJD. glad to have found your blog too. hope you will find what you came here looking for.

      Delete
  2. Lovely post :) somehow, made me feel nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a tremendously nostalgic experience writing about this too. thanks for sharing your thoughts, ash.

      Delete
  3. Read and commented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read it :) and wrote two lines of my stupid ways of spending sundays

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post . . .

    A award is waiting for you. Check out here -
    http://liveuploud.blogspot.com/2012/07/something-awesome-and-sorry.html

    Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Post!

    My parents used to visit the second hand books' market at Abids from before I was born. Found some rare gems there. When we were younger, my sister and I would ask for a treat after our final exams were over. It would always be a visit to the Abids market with a plump budget each to buy any book we wanted. Sadly, the market is no longer what it used to be. It takes so much longer to find interesting buys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping over right now :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that song..."easy like Sunday morning". Truly a day to take a little time out to appreciate life;-) Looking forward to following your musings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Left this comment on A-Musing

    What utterly delightful prose! And so descriptive - I could actually smell the mutton stew!
    How I wished I had read this on a Sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete

Dialog is the path to peace, and this blog is all about dialog, peace and love. Go ahead and join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...