Diwali, Halloween, and All Souls' Day

My year begins on All Souls Day. It always has, but this year, there is a greater meaning to this day. Halloween is what sets this season into motion, followed by trick or treating Hallow mass and then All Souls Day. 2012 is truly going to be the end of the world as I knew it, and I am excitedly looking forward to it. It is exciting because it is a new beginning, a beginning of a world that I have longed to belong to. 
The most spectacular fireworks this Diwali were the digital Ra One Bombs. Halloween is upon us and it is time for frugal Halloween costumes, and recipes to help dispose the pumpkin flesh.  As we travel from the pumpkin patch to earthquake-ing Turkey towards Christmas and New Year, I revisit the resolutions that I made at the start of the year, and start working on new ones for the coming year.


My main focus this year was to give away all that I had that was worth giving away and to embark on my new journey traveling as light as possible. To this end, I join the band of people practising open source blogging, by uncopyrighting my writing and images. You are free to copy, reproduce, and broadcast anything that you find here, in any manner you find suitable. If you wish to give me credit and a link back, that is wonderful, but if you don’t, that is fine with me too. This decision was not easy to arrive at given the resentment I felt at seeing my content showing up with no credit to me. Here are my top three reasons for uncopyrighting this blog. 

1. By reproducing my writing, you are acknowledging the value of my writing. I am honored by this recognition.

2. By reproducing my writing, you are helping me to reach a larger audience with my ideas. It is the power of the idea that you are endorsing, and you are helping to spread it. 

3. By reproducing my writing, you are enabling me to bring about a new awareness among your readers. You are helping me achieve my mission. 

You can dress me up as a robber, but I won't be in disguise.  Only love is a robber, and he lives within your eyes, ooh ee ooh.  You can dress me up as a sailor but I'll never run to sea.  As long as your love is available to me, what do I do with a sea of blue.  Ooh ee ooh.  You can dress me up as a soldier, but I wouldn't know what for.  I was the one who told you he loved you, don't want to go to another war.  No, no, no. - Paul McCartney, Dress Me Up As A Robber from Tug Of War. (released 1982, work started on it 1980). 

Another major resolution I had made at the start of the year was to dedicate my life to the creation of value in the lives of the underprivileged and dis-empowered. Much of the effort in this direction is still on the drawing board, but there has been steady progress. I have had people coming forward to put together the resources and the network needed to transform my intent into results, and I have been watching with gratitude and interest at how this idea is motivating people to make changes to their priorities. It is a slow process but one where every small step is immensely rewarding.

Hope all of you have had a joyous and safe Diwali, the festival of light, and here’s wishing that the run up to the year end will be equally wonderful. Stay well!
Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

2 comments:

  1. Lovely thought-provoking write up!

    Thanks for dropping by at my blog and leaving such an encouraging comment....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dil behlane ke liye, khyal achha hai Ghalib.

    Plagiarism is simply showing your appreciation for all things beautiful and making it your own :P

    ReplyDelete

Dialog is the path to peace, and this blog is all about dialog, peace and love. Go ahead and join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...