I like it in the closet! 

I was a little worried when some of my lady friends on Facebook started putting out status messages saying stuff like I like it on the floor, I like it on top of the fridge, I like it on the dressing table.  And it is not like ALL my lady friends on Facebook are this explicit about their likes.  In a daze at this revolution of sorts, I was slapped awake to my own ignorance when I read on to to realize that this was a part of the promotion of the Breast Cancer Awareness month.  These women were responding to a viral that asked them to post “where we put our handbag the moment we get home for example 'I like it on the couch...’ reportedly in support of the October campaign this year.  
Tamoxifen and Breast Cancer (Yale Fastback Series)
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  AstraZeneca (Tamoxifen and Arimidex) started this practice in 1985 in order to encourage more people to get mammography done as routine preventive medicine.  1993 saw the formation of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and the subsequent adoption of the pink ribbon as a symbol.  
Pink Ribbon Magnet
A breast cancer is a malignant tumor that starts from cells of the breast. A malignant tumor is a group of cancer cells that may grow into (invade) surrounding tissues or spread (metastasize) to distant areas of the body. Breast cancer occurs mainly in women, but men can get it, too. Many people do not realize that men have breast tissue and that they can develop breast cancer.  Read more about Male Breast Cancer.

2 comments:

  1. There are lots of ribbons and wrist bands of different colors being sold in US now-a-days....but pink ribbon and yellow wrist band are the ones I bought....my profession too reminds me everyday how serious an issue cancer is and more importantly how ignorant the Indian women (and men) are regarding breast cancer and the need for mammograms. So, I took up this opportunity the "hand bag" campaign gave me in spreading the message a bit further with help of my friends. By the way, I like the zing the campaigns add to such a serious issue very year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. once i got a file (long time back) where a male patient had breast cancer..double checked the gender, as until then always thought women get breast CA...

    ReplyDelete

Dialog is the path to peace, and this blog is all about dialog, peace and love. Go ahead and join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...